Saturday, March 29, 2008

My first tag

I've been tagged by Beth of The Pink Tulip...how fun. Here are the rules!

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

*************************

1. I think it is so cool that Beth is living in Holland. I've only been there once, for a few hours in the Amsterdam airport. It was part of my 10 day trip of continental Europe during the college semester I spent in London.

2. I'm not a really picky eater, but I do have some major food quirks. I hate all members of the melon and cucumber families (except pickles), and don't like any creamy white stuff (mayonaise, sour cream, alfredo sauce, etc).

3. I like snakes. Well, one snake in particular. Her name is Rose and she's a beautiful albino corn snake who looks kinda like this; she lives at the Natural Science Center of Greensboro. I always get one of the volunteers to get her out of her cage when we visit.

4. The squeaky sound that styrofoam coolers makes when the pieces rub together drives me nuts! As does ice chewing and gum smacking.

5. I didn't take chemistry in high school because the teacher was this old scary mean guy who made kids come in before and after school and during lunch breaks to repeat labs if they didn't do them right the first time. And I didn't want those raccoon eye goggle marks on my face for 20 minutes after class was over.

6. I earned the Gold Award in Girl Scouting, which is the highest rank kinda like the Boy Scout Eagle Award, but, I promise you, much more work. My dad made me and my brothers a deal that if we each earned the top rank in scouting, he would buy us each a car. Nothing new or fancy, but a good deal all the same!

7. I don't pass on chain letters or forward emails, so I'm not going to tag 7 more people. Because, really, hasn't everybody already been tagged enough?

No comments: